Assessment data is now available ON-LINE through Avitar Associates!
To view Madison’s free assessing data navigate to  Select the ANONYMOUS option at left, retype the challenge phrase presented to you, and press the Log-in button.  Once logged in select Madison from the list of towns.  Once Town of Madison, NH comes up use the “Searches” drop-down arrow in the upper left corner to search by PID (parcel ID), Name, Address, etc.  Use the Print icon in the upper right to print assessment information.

As an alternative, assessment information can be obtained by e-mailing or calling Melissa at (367-4332 x300) or Sue @ (367-4332 x303) Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm.  There is a cost associated with Town Hall printing, faxing, and/or e-mailing assessment cards.

Assessing services are sub-contracted to Cross Country Appraisal Group in Concord, NH.  Assessing software is provided by Avitar Associates of New England.  Tax mapping services are provided by the Terra Map Division of Avitar Associates. CLICK HERE to navigate to the Madison, NH On-Line GIS Tax Maps and Assessing Data.

On-Line GIS Helpful Hints:
1.  Click ‘External Providers’ to go from the default aerial photo view to the paper map view.
2.  Click ‘Search By’ to search properties by Owner name, Street Address, or PID (map & lot #).  When searching by street type out the entire street name without the street number (eg. East Madison Road) and hit Enter.  A list of properties on East Madison Road will appear in the left column.  Scroll down to find the map and parcel number or owner’s name.
3.  Select ‘Show Assessment Card’ in the black bar above the map to view assessment information.
4.  Click “Zoom” to ‘Zoom In’ or ‘Zoom Out’ on the subject property.

TAX MAP data is available under the GENERAL INFO tab, TAX MAPS on this website.

CLICK HERE to download the Abatement Application to Municipality if you feel your land and/or building value is incorrect or disproportionate.  Filing deadline is March 1st annually.

CLICK HERE to download form and documentation required to Change Name and/or Address on property.

If you are elderly, blind, a veteran or veteran’s spouse, or unable to pay your taxes due to poverty or other good cause, you may be eligible for a tax exemption, credit, abatement, or deferral.  The property for which you are claiming must be your primary residence.  For details, additional qualifying factors, and application information and filing deadlines, contact the SELECTMEN’S OFFICE at 603-367-4332 Ext 1.

If you own a home in Madison that you rent out, short-term or long-term, you may be required under State Law to file a Landlord’s Agent Designated Respondent Affidavit form with the Town Clerk’s Office.  For more information visit the DEPARTMENT tab, Town Clerk, Landlord’s Agent Respondent Information.